Our cupcakes and Topcakes are considered “perishable goods” and are therefore not covered by our courier company if they are harmed while being transported unless the driver is deemed negligent – which typically isn’t the case. By accepting our terms and conditions you understand your cupcakes leave Petal in perfect condition but sometimes, despite our secure packaging and our courier drivers taking extra special care to get them to you in that same perfect condition, the cupcakes have minds of their own and can move around during transit. Considering that, delivery is at your own risk. To avoid any delivery dilemmas, a pick-up option is available.
Please note our Topcakes are particularly fragile and have, up until recently, not been delivered because of their fragility. We have a special Topcake box with an insert that circles the cake to prevent it from moving however we still recommend picking up Topcakes to eliminate risk.
Lateness: Please understand we do our very best to ensure cupcakes arrive on time within the two-hour time slot. A courier is always booked in advance to avoid lateness however factors such as traffic can often delay a driver. Whilst every effort is taken to ensure delivery within your chosen time slot we are sometimes let down. Again, to avoid delivery issues you may pick up from one of our stores.
If you are sending cupcakes to a private or home address the protocol is as follows: Our courier company asks us when booking a job going to a private address, “is it okay to leave if no one is home?” Which we always reply to with a YES. We provide them with special delivery instructions if applicable, for example, “leave at back door”, “last house down the end of long driveway” or “gate code is 1234#.” Please note our cupcakes are packaged in cardboard boxes that aren’t fully sealed and we don’t provide sealed packaging when we need to leave cupcakes outside. We take no responsibility for the cupcakes once they leave Petal so we highly recommend finding out when/if someone is home to sign for the cupcakes before sending them to a private address. If there isn’t anywhere safe to leave the cupcakes they will come back to Petal and sent out again at buyer’s expense.
As a Petal cupcake, I last fresh up to three days, but please do not put me in the fridge! I stay freshest in an airtight container or you can keep me in my packaging to show me off to your friends. I also freeze really nicely so you can store me away and bring me out for those Petal craving emergencies.
Random acts of Cupcakes
We at Petal love a good cause. As part of our social responsibility programme, we have launched a new initiative for our customers who feel that they may wish to spread a bit of the Petal magic throughout Auckland. Just before checkout, we have an option for you as a Petal customer to make a donation of cupcakes that we will then distribute to a worthy charity in Auckland. This will be able to be purchased at a discounted price of $2.50. We currently support Auckland City Mission, Ronald McDonald House as well as Starship, but would always welcome your suggestions. All donated cupcakes from the customer cupcake bank will then be available for distribution to various charities.
10K CUPCAKE GIVEAWAY TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions of entry.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is invalid.
3. The promotion commences at 12pm on 1st March 2017 and closes at 5pm 8th March 2017 (“Promotion Period”).
4. To be eligible for entry into the promotion, you must be a resident of New Zealand; live in Auckland, and like Petal Cupcakes on Facebook during the Promotion Period.
5. Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with this promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
6. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, incorrect, incomplete, or misdirected entries. The Promoter reserves the right to reject any such entry.
7. Enter on Facebook by liking our Facebook page and tagging a friend between 1st March – 8th March 2017 to enter the chance to win one of 10 six packs of Petal Cupcakes to be picked up from either the Takapuna or New Market store.
8. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any individual entrant or group of entrants for tampering with the entry process or for submitting an entry which is not otherwise in accordance with these conditions of entry including but not limited to the utilisation of techniques designed for making multiple entries.
9. The promotion will be drawn at 11am 9th March at Petal Cupcakes, 106 Hurstmere Road, Takapuna, Auckland.
10. The winner will be notified on Facebook within 10 days of the promotion being drawn. The Promoter will make all reasonable attempts to contact the prize winner, however in the event that the prize remains unclaimed for 14 days after the prize is drawn, the prize will be forfeited and another winner chosen.
11. You may enter this promotion as many times as you’d like during the week between 1st and 8th March 2017
12. The winner(s) will win one six pack of Petal cupcakes.
13. The prize winner will be chosen by random selection. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Prize value is correct at time of printing but no responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize.
15. Prize cannot be exchanged, transferred, or redeemed for cash. There will be ten winners of this promotion, with two prize packs available for them and a friend.
16. The Promoter is not liable for any delay or damage in the delivery of any prize, or for lost, defaced or stolen prizes. The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
17. If the winner is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent/guardian on their behalf.
18. By entering the promotion, the prize winner agrees to the use of their name, image and photograph/s for publicity and promotional purposes, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright in any such images and photograph/s and in all material incorporating the photograph/s.
19. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion (subject to any written direction given by a relevant regulatory authority) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
20. In the event that the specified prize is not available for any reason the Promoter may substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value and will not be responsible for the cancellation of a component of any prize.
21. Entries are deemed to be received at the time they are received by the Promoter’s database and not at the time of submission by the entrant. The Promoter is not liable for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence due to error, omission, tampering, deletion, theft, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) costs incurred. Entrants who enter using multiple email addresses or aliases may be disqualified.
22. Entrants must remain a follower of the Petal Cupcakes Facebook page for the entire Promotion Period and up until the time of determination of the winners. Entrants who have “unfollowed” the Facebook page at the time of determination of the winner will be deemed invalid.
23. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this promotion using Facebook. However, the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any and all liability.
24. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrant.
26. The Promoter is Petal Cupcakes, 106 Hurstmere Road, Takapuna, Auckland.
27. This promotion is governed by the laws of New Zealand.